What do bear costumes, “artisanal” moustache wax and protecting the grandmas of the world from shady marketing tactics have in common?
CRO Day, of course.
On Thursday, September 29, 2016, Unbounce hosted its second annual CRO Day — a full day of online events for conversion-driven digital marketers.
The day consisted of five webinars, two panels, one Slack workshop, one AMA… and a five-second Landing Page Showdown. And we got some of the world’s top CROs to participate, including Andre Morys, Tomasz Borys, David Darmanin, Joel Klettke and many, many more.
Some mentionable highlights include (but are definitely not limited to):
- Conversion Copywriter Kira Hug wearing a bear costume whilst answering questions about shady copywriting tactics and how to avoid them. (Also an actual bear tweeting at Kira.)
- Unbounce Co-Founder Oli Gardner crowning the winners of Unbounce’s first ever Landing Page Showdown, where contestants built and optimized landing pages for — wait for it — moustache wax made out of earwax (yuck!).
- Growth marketer Ben Ratner quoting Ben Parker when being asked about popups: “With great popups comes great responsibility… just make sure you’re giving people what they want, when they want it.”
- Expert copywriter Joanna Weibe’s nana rule: If the copy would make your nana buy something that she shouldn’t, then it’s shady and you shouldn’t write it.
- Top CRO experts Talia Wolf, Peep Laja, Karl Gillis and Ben Ratner answering your burning CRO questions, like, “How do you prioritize your A/B experiments?” and “What CRO trends in the industry are you most excited about?”
If it sounds like a blast, it’s because it was. Not only that, it was full of CRO wisdom. To steal Andre Morys’ analogy, if you were looking for CRO gold nuggets, look no further — CRO Day 2016 was a GOLDMINE.
And if you missed CRO Day (or you were there, but not sufficiently caffeinated), don’t fret — we recorded it for you.
Dont Miss a Single Nugget of CRO Day Gold
Original Source: Highlights (And Recordings) from CRO Day 2016